Fervens™ SLC (Cerevisiae)
€15.22 (bez DPH)17.51 €
Saccharomyces cerevisiae for pure fermentation. Very active, for every kind of wine. Safe fermentation for white, red and rosé wines. Suitable and often used for fruit juices. It is a basic type of yeast with versatile use.
SLC has been expressly selected in order to carry out primary fermentation in white, rosé and red musts. It is particularly recommended for those who make large quantities of wine and have therefore problems with the availability of tanks and cooling system, of workers, of time, all elements which are requested to follow strict winemaking protocols. SLC fulfils all these requirements thanks to its regular fermentative course with quick completion. Besides, as its behaviour is scarcely influenced by poor conditions, it’s recommended in case of lack of nitrogen, in case of vinification without temperature control or in musts that are not in perfect microbiological condition. SLC is perfect for “technological” fermentation, offering quickness together with the possibility to reduce controls of must and of winery conditions (nitrogen, oxygen, hygiene, temperature), always giving wines of good-quality and without alterations as a result. Experience has proved that a proper nitrogenous supply and controlled temperatures help to obtain fresh, full-body wines.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Killer factor: neutral
- Fermentation conditions: >14°C.
- Alcohol tolerance: 14%.
- Fermentation rate: regular and complete.
- Nutritional requirement: it doesn’t need high amount of nitrogen.
- Low production of acetaldehyde, volatile acidity and sulphur compounds.
- Aromatic characteristics: SLC produces typical fermentation aromas.
- Taste properties: freshness and full-body, also thanks to the production of glycerine.
- Main use: vinification of large volume even without temperature control.
- Doses: red, white and rosé: 20-30 g/hl.
- Preparation:·re-hydrate 1:10 in water, at 37 °C. Wait for 15 minutes, then stir 2-3 times every 15 minutes. Pour into the must whilst stirring well.
- The total time of re-hydration must not exceed 45 minutes.
- The difference of temperature between the must and re-hydrated yeast must not exceed 10°C.
- It’s extremely important that the re-hydration of yeast is made in a proper container.
- Do not use must for re-hydration (only water).
- Do not add ammonium salts during re-hydration.
500 g Polylaminate vacuum-sealed sachets.
Store in a cool and dry place.