Fervens™ SLB (Bayanus)
€19.50 (bez DPH)22.42 €
Saccharomyces bayanus for pure fermentation. Very active, especially for re-fermentations (sparkling wines). A real guarantee for large volume of wine
SLB is a yeast strain characterised by good strength, short phase of latency, regular fermentative course and a quite moderate need of nutritional factors. SLB is highly tolerant of poor conditions, such as temperature, nitrogen content, indigenous microflora, and so on. Thanks to all these elements, SLB can be utilised: in the vinification of large volumes, even when temperature control is not possible; in re-fermentation for sparkling wines, even in pressure tanks. In first fermentations wines with a clear aromas and good organoleptic balance can be obtained. In re-fermentations in autoclave, SLB develops perceptible, pleasantly fine scents of fruit. Moreover, aromas are very clean because it doesn't produce H2S. Thanks to its different applications, SLB acts as a meeting point among final result, good quality and economic advantage of the treatment.
- Saccharomyces bayanus
- Killer factor: neutral
- Fermentation conditions: >14°C.
- Alcohol tolerance: 14%.
- Fermentation rate: short lag phase, regular development.
- Nutritional requirement: it doesn’t need high amount of nitrogen.
- Low production of acetaldehyde, volatile acidity and sulphur compounds.
- Aromatic characteristics: good production of fermentation aromas.
- Taste properties: very clean taste.
- Main use: large volume of wine, and re-fermentations.
- Doses: red, white and rosé, 20-30 g/hl. re-fermentation: 20-40 g/hl.
- Preparation: re-hydrate 1:10 in water, at 37°C. Wait for 15 minutes, then stir 2-3 times in the next 15 minutes. Pour into the must and stir well.
- The total time of re-hydration must not exceed 45 minutes.
- The difference of temperature between the must and re-hydrated yeast must not exceed 10°C.
- It’s extremely important that the re-hydration of yeast is made in a proper container.
- Do not use must for re-hydration (only water).
- Do not add ammonium salts during re-hydration.
500 g Polylaminate vacuum-sealed sachets.
Store in a cool and dry place.